Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Trip to the library

I worked with Eddie Monster tues. and after working we decided to take the kids to the library so they can look at books and play on the computer. Well, Eddie wanted to check out books to take home, so I reminded him of the rules..."If you take out books, you must leave them at school so you don't lose them and we can return them on time" Eddie kept refusing to comply to the rule so I told him he wasn't allowed to take out books. So Eddie is sitting on the bench a little upset...

Eddie.."I'm pissed!" (he sounds like Sylvester the cat and he mumbles)

LIBRARIAN.." Excuse me?"

Eddie.."I'm pissed!"

Librarian... "You mean you're mad!?"

Eddie.."I'm not allowed to take out books"

As fast as lightning yours truly..Teacher leaps over 2 tables to set the record straight

Teacher.."We don't want you to lose the books"

So I explained again to Eddie and now the librarian why we have the rule. The librarian gave me a nod of acceptance to the rule and I gave him a chuckle of the thought of Eddie blurting out "I'm pissed" in the middle of the library.

So Eddie finally accepts the rule and agrees to leave the books at school.. Fine..Eddie went to pick out books and sits at the counter to read his books.

Eddie.."Hey teacher, are you going to sit behind me and read with me?"

Teacher.."No Eddie I'm helping out this other student right now....Just sit there quietly and read your book"

Eddie...in all innocence..And really loud.."But I can't read Teacher"

True I think! A lady 2 chairs down raised her book to let out a chuckle.

Lesson of the day.....Send the students to the picture book section.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL..."I'm Pissed!" I don't know how you get through the day without totally cracking up. That is just too funny. These kids have like NO filter. I love it.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Creature Teacher said...

oh trust me I laugh. And as far as the one kid who farts all day..I still laugh each and everytime and try to blame it on other staff if I haven't already. I love to use those jokes over and over again!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home