Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Vacation is over

The road trip was really nice despite the fact I was sick the whole time. So, we went to Gettysburg first and decided to buy a c.d. to take the auto tour of the battlefield. You drove through the battlefields while re-enactments played on the c.d. it took about 2hrs (driving about 15-20mph) . It was amazing to learn that more people died in the battle of Gettysburg than WWI and II combined. They said you couldn't walk on the field without stepping on a body. Such a crazy thought and the only woman that was killed in the battle was Jennie Wade. They also said that you could hear the battle (cannons) all the way in Philadelphia which I think is maybe 2 hours away (I could be wrong).

Later on we took the ghost tour of Jennie Wade home (where she was killed) and the orphanage across the street. The nice people who run the tour let us see both buildings that night due to the frigid cold instead walking around the town looking for ghosts! The guide encourages you to take pictures during the tour in hopes of taking a picture of an "orb" or spirit. We gathered in the cellar of the Wade home then went across the street to the orphanage where a lady (yep, forget her name) tortured children by putting them in the cellar in a very small room in the dark and wouldn't give them food or water for periods of time. The guide then took us to the cellar to show us the room and even shut off the lights to let us take photo's after telling us other exciting stories of some of the photo's captured and things that were seen while in the cellar. I was o.k for a couple minutes but I started to spook myself and fortunately the guide turned back on the lights. So then we all headed back upstairs and continued the tour back at the Wade house. The Guide points out all the bullet holes on the outside of the building and on the inside Jennie, her mother and her sister who had recently gave birth were all in the house. Jennie was baking bread with her mother when the fatal bullet came to claim Jennie's life. The battle was happening right outside the front door. Rumor has it that if a single girl puts her ring finger in the bullet hole on the door she will be engaged within the year and since I'm in my 30's do I really have anything to lose? So, I gave it a go....So I'll let you know when the years up. Hell, I put all 10 fingers in the hole....Just to be sure. My girlfriend had her camera (another couple went with us) and we were taking pictures of every mirror in the house in hopes to find a spirit but no luck. The guide told us to take pictures in the mirror but not to let anyone be in the reflection, we left the room to let another girl on the tour take a picture of a mirror that we already had. We make our way downstairs and then the girl and the guide appear to show us the picture of a spooky image she just took. It was a profile of a face with the hand with the fingers extended by the chin. It was a creepy image and thought. We then made our way back to the cellar where he told a few more stories of the spooky images that were caught on film. When we got back to the hotel to go over in detail to see if we could find "orbs" in our pictures, we found a couple but that's about all.

The next day we went to the wonderful town of Hershey's. What an amazing man, we took the tour of the city. The Hershey school is amazing and to think, well hope that the school is still run the way Mr. Hershey wants it to be. After the tour and buying chocolate in mass quantity we headed off to Pittsburgh. We went to the southside where we ate at Fatheads which is absolutely delicious! We wandered around till the bars closed at midnight than went to some place that had karoke!!!! We stumbled upon it and it was a nice touch to end the day.
The next day we went to Ikea and unfortunately I was still sick AND had a hangover so I couldn't think of anything else but we were there for...buying a stand for a microwave. We found a nice stand and got the hell out of there. At one point I was in the restroom wondering if this was the point where I should make myself sick then I heard this little girl "It smells like cherries in here...it smells so nice in this place" , I couldn't imagine barfing at that moment. So, instead I held onto my nausea for the rest of the day.

I had a really good time but I just wonder when will I feel better. I didn't goto work today and I have to babysit 5 kids tonight despite feeling way under the weather. I'm babysitting for my sister and her sis in-law kids so they can go out. My sister never gets out anymore (due to having 3 kids) so I figured it would mean alot to get out for a bit! So, hopefully all will go well tonight. Just wish I wasn't sick anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger Snooze said...

YOur trip sounds like it was amazing. I would have been petrified on the ghost tour though.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Creature Teacher said...

I had to look cool for my friends like I wasn't scared. I'm tough! haahhaaa
In the back of my mind I had an escape route!

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home