Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Roller Derby dreams

So we watched the new reality show "rollergirls". I was very excited to watch it cause I remember my sister and I would watch roller derby all the time when it was on tv in the 70's. Then when we would go to the all night roller skating parties we would act like we were in the derby ourselves...racing each other around the rink and whipping each other in front of the other for more speed. yes....the rush of speed on 8 wheels...........aaahhhhhh.

Well, my sister went on to roller skate in competitions later in her 20's meanwhile I could only skate foward.. still. My sister would impress me with her jumps, spins and lifting her leg straight out while still keeping her balance gracefully. I still looked foward (the only direction I knew) and would skate with all my might to catch up with her as if we were still kids. Her and her team mates would then line up and do the "whip" of course which was dragging the end person and then whipping them around and letting them go sailing in front of everyone at top speed...speed you say? ...MY TURN.... Needless to say, with the astounding amount of "dumb luck" that I have, it didn't turn out to be pretty, graceful, flowing, nor fun. I can't remember the exact details of the "accident" , it happened way to fast due to the speed I was rolling at.

I was excited for rollergirls to come on but disappointed for the fact that since it's on A&E and it happens to be a reality show there is way to much talking and the last 15 minutes is dedicated to the actual game. It makes me want to start a derby team...but i don't think I can find other people around the same age to start my dream with me. so, i guess i'm gonna have to watch the show and dream.

maybe i could just wear rollerskates all the time and act like I'm in a roller derby.
could this be my new career?
any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home