Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Good news! For me anyways..

I'm going back to college after 12 yrs.....yikes.... I'm taking one summer course and I received my first A on my first exam! I believe it's my first A ever in my whole entire life! My class is psychology and I find it easy since I deal with psychos all day. I wish I could give my examples from work for every technique he describes. I have a ton! For example we were talking about giving a reinforcement after a certain amount of time passes and the subject gives an appropriate response. I pipe in with my big mouth...."When we set the timer for our students they wait the 5 minutes, I give them the reinforcement and then they hit you after they receive and eat whatever the reinforcement"... Crickets I tell you, crickets was all I heard. Not a chuckle or nothing, no comment. Just picked up from where he was talking. Felt like an ass. Reinforced me not to speak again.
so I'm going to school full time...So can I work full-time too?? Hells no! I quit my full-time position to work part-time there. My very thoughtful beau is letting me move in.
I am eventually going to apply to get into the "deaf interpretive services" program at the college and I'm very excited to do so. I have to take certain classes and hold a B average until I can apply. So I'm taking those 5 courses in the fall. I'm nervous but know I will do fine. I just can't believe the change of direction I'm all of the sudden. I will be very slightly sad that I won't see MY special (and I mean special) kids everyday. At the same point I won't be torn up by them either!
Alright...thats it. more another day or week....I'm a horrible blogger.

2 Comments:

Blogger Snooze said...

Good for you! That's great to always be willing to make a life change and it's a big step to go back to school.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Creature Teacher said...

Thanks!!! I'm very excited since everything I'm doing is to better myself. but as we all know, it's sometimes hard to change

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home