Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Riding in the car to Phoenix to catch a sniper

So..we left the town of Bakersfield and set of for more of the desert. After a short stop by Barstow California for an outlet store (where I bought my first Coach purse...hee hee) we ended up in Viva Las Vegas! We stayed at the Circus Circus and that was exactly what it was. It's amazing all the stuff the can put in a bldg, wedding chapel, roller coaster, twirl rides, tons of children. I didn't realize how many kids would be in there, I didn't realize a lot of things in Vegas. So we went to the Pink Pony for dinner, I thought it sounded more like a strip joint then a restaurant, and realized I could never be a waitress in Vegas. Bless every waitress everywhere, this lady (not a kid) was complaining about the flavor of her milkshake, she wanted a certain flavor that they didn't have the waitress told again and again her choices and she still insisted on trying to get the waitress to mix flavors. After our dinner we ran across to the Riviera to throw a quarter in the slot for my mom (she's so lucky with slots) won a dollar and went back to the Circus. Stumbled around with $20. going to machine to machine finally ending up at the bar to play video poker for about 10 minutes...not bad... then I spotted an unused Wheel of fortune game I ran up to it and this old lady was also strarring at the machine and I kicked her in the shin and sat right down. I started with $15 hit a triple diamond for a $90 win then was able to spin the wheel a couple of times won 40, 150, 30, 40. wow.. I went up to $285 but to let you in on my dim side I'm thinking it's 285 quarters even though I knew I was playing $1 slots. can I blame it on the beer? so I end up walking away with $200!! I kept kicking myself for being so stupid but I think if I would've known I would of quit back when I hit $90. I like to walk away a winner so I cashed in and left. I was wondering why these 2 guys were circling the machine and the guy next to me won a thousand and when he asked me how much the triple diamond paid i reply "only 90" thinking quarters like a dumb ass. He's telling his wife "yeah, she started out with 15 now she's at 250, she's doing good" I started to get greedy in the end and kept saying...after the next spin of the wheel I'll leave and thats how I went back down to 200 but thats much better than I started out so i took the money and ran back to my room where the devil couldn't find me. hahahaha.
I also tried to find the carousel bar that Johnny Depp portrayed Hunter S Thompson went to in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" I found it and it wasn't as entertaining as it looked in the movie. I guess I should've took some ether before I found it too.

Up early and drove down the strip to our way out of Vegas.. it's bizarre how after miles and miles of desert you go over a hill and *wham* theres Vegas.wowza. don't think I could live there not sure if I'll ever go back, and I definitely wouldn't drive again.

Our next stop was Page AZ. home of Lake Powell and the Glen Dam and Glen Canyon. nice little city on a side of a mountain with one hell of a view. Az was breaking a ton of temp. highs like 114 degrees. I ended up getting drunk on sat night and luckily we stayed an extra day to do nothing, absolutely nothing due to our hangovers and that was just fine with everyone. We went to Ken's steakhouse and had some delicious baby back ribs. I chuckled because they sold lobster and shrimp and I'm thinking to myself "ok were in the middle of f-ing no where, how good could the sea food be? Lake Powell looked like a river (the part I saw anyway) I should've picked up a crab cake in San Fran like I was told to"

Off to the amazing Grand Canyon! The temperature started off at 100 degrees and as we drove up it went down to 50 degrees and then to 70 when we finally reached the end of our hour and a half drive up the fucking canyon. Beautiful...beautiful....beautiful! just sucks getting there... I've seen sooooo much desert in last last week. I guess I don't like sitting in the car and viewing things from afar. I wanted to get out of the car and climb the canyon and touch the cactus plants and wander off and live there to get the real feel of the land. It's so amazing and to much to take in in a couple of hours (well, 1 hour actually if you don't count sitting in the restaurant that overlooks the canyon.
We then drove to Phoenix to look for the sniper. Didn't find him... Thank God! Hopefully someone will shoot him when they get him. I was scared driving in and just being here, I can only imagine how these people who live in the community feel. These guys are a bunch of assholes. I'm sure we all agree.
Anyways....overall the trip was great!! It was amazing to see all of these beautiful places, just a little to much to drive. I'm still Ms Creature Teacher no Mrs yet. haha It would of been fun to get married in Vegas by the Star Trek people drunk of course but oh well. haha

Tomorrow we head back home and I have to take a test for my psych class and haven't studied at all. oooppsss. It'll be nice to be home...kinda.

2 Comments:

Blogger Krave said...

OK. I just read your posts and now I feel totally jaded.

From your telling we had a fantastic time, all of it. (I'm the backseat driver by the way.) She had to sit on me. Then proceeded to cover my mouth and told me figure out what the hell I'm I think I'm doing. before I figured out that I was being and ass. (Thanks again for that darlin')

As I was reading your entries I was having flash backs. Your right though. We did try and fit too much into to little time. Next time we'll stop somewhere for a while before moving on :) Oh and there won't be loud sighing this time! Can't make any promises about the farting though! *grin*

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vegas baby! you know... vegas is a trip. i have a total love/hate relationship with that place. i can only stomach about 2 days of it and then i have to bail. hahaha! it is too over-stimulating for my senses!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home